A few more special marital moments from 4+ months on the road:
- On the prospect of watching the sunset from a temple/hill/big rock: “Do you want to see this incredible thing that happens every single day?”
- Watch the sunset from a big rock, feel that the atmosphere isn’t quite right, then realise you’re sitting right near a massive pile of cow shit.
- One tuktuk driver asked “Are you friends?” I suppose even that was in doubt, let alone being married to each other. He probably thought we met on the train and shared a ride to save cash.
- On waking: “I’ve got the runs”. “Yes I know, I just listened to you poop for 5 hours”.
- My advice to an ill Bernd about to go swimming in the sea “Don’t shit on the dolphins”.